Bottom Line:To achieve lasting success with any digital transformation strategy, manufacturers must put employees first then selectively focus on technologies that enable every member of their team to excel and stay connected.
The greatest productivity gains in manufacturing happen when digital transformation strategies put the health and safety of workers first. There’s the risk that focusing too much on technology alone won’t solve the innate productivity roadblocks holding workers back from achieving more. It’s the manufacturers putting workers first and making sure they’re equipped with the best possible tools to communicate, collaborate, stay connected, and excel that are succeeding at digital transformation today.
Getting The Cornerstones Of Digital Transformation Right
- Excel on every aspect of protecting employees’ health and welfare, including providing them an opportunity to expand the scope of their jobs for greater enrichment.看看社会疏远准则作为每个工厂员工的机会，以实现更多的自主权和工作的所有权。
- Increase spending on training and development to keep current employees’ skill sets current.This needs to be done while educating the next generation of its supply chain, production, quality, and manufacturing execution leaders.
- Doubling down on the latest technologies enables workers to be more connected and productive if they’re working in the plant or remotely。关键技术制造商依赖于转换自己包括以下数字：
- Remote ERP access is proving indispensable and continues to provide connected workers with the access they need to keep working safely.
- Having ERP and制造执行系统(MES)on a single integrated platform provides greater visibility and control across every manufacturing phase, often including real-time monitoring, automation, production reporting, and shop floor scheduling.
- More intuitive, touchscreen-based shop floor interfaces toERP systems使用可配置的工作中心仪表板提高生产效率。这类新类界面的主要优点包括简化数据访问和实时信息收集和可用性，提高质量和降低成本。新的直观用户界面还有助于数字化制造操作并提高生产效率。
- Digital workflows that capitalize on the strengths of touchscreen-based shop floor interfaces guide workers through complex tasks, preventing the most common types of human errors.
- Real-time analytics will provide associates the information they need to spend more time on creative problem solving to improve production throughput and quality.
All manufacturers are in a race to digitally transform themselves to become more resilient while looking for new ways to gain customers while reducing costs. KPMG’s Global Manufacturing Outlook provides insights into how the pandemic is accelerating manufacturers’ digital transformation efforts based on an interview with industrial manufacturing CEOs. The following are key takeaways from KPMG’s Global Manufacturing Outlook:
- 48% of industrial manufacturing CEOs say the pandemic accelerated their digital transformation strategies by years.
- Supply chains (24%), operations, and supply of talent (both 17%) are the three greatest risks industrial manufacturing CEOs are most concerned with today.
- The ability to shift quickly from one manufacturing process to another and manufacture new products in days is a much sought-after strength that digital transformation initiatives value most.从一个制造方法或策略切换到另一个的敏捷性对制造商首先为客户转换他们的运营和Excel至关重要。ERP systems支持预构建的制造过程becoming necessary as manufacturers look to gain more short-notice production runs across a broader customer base while launching new products of their own.
- 在面对不确定性的情况下，需要实现更大的业务连续性转化为制造商的紧迫性，以获得制造业务的更大的金融能见度，有助于进一步简化其数字转型工作。Knowing how stable sales, revenue, and production forecasts drive manufacturers to adopt more finely tunedfinancial reporting系统。他们设置exc的雄心勃勃的目标elling at revenue and cost management with challenging new targets for their teams to achieve. Knowing with greater certainty how manufacturing operations’ variations impact financial statements is the cornerstone they’ll need to measure digital transformation initiatives and programs’ progress and results.
- Lessons learned from taking on those challenges also underscore how invaluable real-time visibility into every production phase is.实时流程和生产监控从商店地板到ERP，提供宝贵的数据，Manufacturing Execution System(MES), Quality Management System (QMS), andWarehouse Management System（WMS）所有在单个数据库上运行的是今天任何数字转型策略的核心。
- 实时生产和过程监控通过提供实时消耗，质量和生产效率，帮助保持数字转型策略。Manufacturers pursuing digital transformation strategies are increasing their real-time process and production monitoring to assess and reduce risk. They’ll rely on the insights gained from these systems as an early-warning system of factors that could impact revenue and margins. Knowing that every machine, process, and system is operating and stable brings greater stability to production and revenue forecasts and, ultimately, financial results.
- Tier 1 suppliers are rewarding suppliers who have made track-and-trace and supply chain visibility integral to their digital transformation strategies as they’re helping to reduce the risk of health-related interruptions to production。Providing proof that inbound supplier shipments to a manufacturing facility are clean, Covid-19 free, and in compliance with health and safety regulations is a competitive strength every manufacturer wants to achieve. Tier 1 suppliers, including major automotive companies, are reshoring their supply chains and working with manufacturers on anticipated audit, health, and safety requirements.