- 99% of mid-market manufacturing executives are familiar with Industry 4.0, yet only 5% are currently implementing or have implemented an Industry 4.0 strategy.
- Investing in upgrading existing machinery, replacing fully depreciated machines with next-generation smart, connected production equipment, and adopting real-time monitoring including制造执行系统(MES)are manufacturers’ top three priorities based on interviews with them.
- Mid-market manufacturers getting the most value out of Industry 4.0 excel at orchestrating a variety of technologies to find new ways to excel at product quality, improve shop floor productivity, meet delivery dates, and control costs.
- Real-time monitoring is gaining momentum to improve order cycle times, troubleshoot quality problems, improve schedule accuracy, and support track-and-trace.
Demystify Industry 4.0是任何研究努力的绝佳目标。参与行业的具体情况4.0在采用趋势和未来的市场方向上提供迷人的见解。这些因素是最新的BDO研究，Industry 4.0: Defining How Mid-Market Manufacturers Derive and Deliver Value。BDOis a leading provider of assurance, tax, and financial advisory services and is providing the reportavailable for download here(PDF, 36 pp., no opt-in).
The survey was conducted by Market Measurement, Inc., an independent market research consulting firm. The survey included 230 executives at U.S. manufacturing companies with annual revenues between $200M and $3B and was conducted in November and December of 2018. Please see page 2 of the study for additional details regarding the methodology. One of the most valuable findings of the study is that mid-market manufacturers need more evidence of Industry 4.0, delivering改善供应链性能，质量那and shop floor productivity.
Early Indicators of Industry 4.0 Adoption: Machine Upgrades, Smart Machines, Real-Time Monitoring & MES Lead Investment Plans
In the many conversations I’ve had with mid-tier manufacturers located in North America this year, I’ve learned the following:
- 61% of manufacturers are making large-scale operational improvements to their shop floors, including manufacturing process automation systems in 2019 to continue the strong growth they achieved in 2018.
Key Takeaways from BDO’s Industry 4.0 Study
- 制造商最积极评估印度河try 4.0 technologies based on the potential for growth and business model diversification they offer.建立一个业务案例对于任何新系统或侦探hnology that delivers revenue, even during a pilot, is getting the highest priority by manufacturers today. Based on my interviews with manufacturers, I found they were 1.7 times more likely to invest in machine upgrades and smart machines versus spending more on marketing. Manufacturers are very interested in any new technology that enables them to accept short-notice production runs from customers, excel at higher quality standards, improve time-to-market, all the while having better cost visibility and control. All those factors are inherent in the top three goals of business model diversification, improved operational efficiencies, and increased market penetration.
- For Industry 4.0 technologies to gain more adoption, more use cases are needed to explain how traditional product sales, aftermarket sales, and product-as-a-service benefit from these new technologies.Manufacturers know the ROI of investing in a machinery upgrade, buying a smart, connected machine, orintegrating real-time monitoring across their shop floors。What they’re struggling with is how Industry 4.0 makes traditional product sales improve. 84% of upper mid-market manufacturers are generating revenue using Information-as-a-Service today compared to 67% of middle market manufacturers overall.
- Manufacturers who get the most value out of their Industry 4.0 investments begin with a customer-centric blueprint first, integrating diverse technologies to deliver excellent customer experiences.每年增长10％以上的制造商正在依靠路线图来指导他们的技术购买决策。188金宝搏亚洲体育登陆这些路线图专注于如何减少废料，改进订单周期时间，在提高入境级别的同时简化供应商集成，并为客户提供实时订单更新。BDOS的调查结果反映了我从制造商中听到的内容。他们比以往任何时候都更加专注于，在综合订婚策略结合在响应独特且经常紧急的生产中相结合的灵活性相结合。
By enabling integration between engineering,供应链管理那制造执行系统(MES) andCRMsystems, more manufacturers are achieving product configuration strategies at scale.许多制造商的一个关键增长策略是扩大超出其长期储存的生产策略的局限性。通过整合工程，供应链，MES和CRM，制造商可以为客户提供更大的灵活性，同时扩展其产品策略，包括配置订单，按订单，以及高度定制的产品，工程师策略。可以证明工业4.0越多，以规模为制造业，越多，中高管在中级制造业中越多。
- 制造商比以往任何时候都比以往任何时候都更有可能接受基于云的平台和系统，帮助他们更快，更完整地实现业务策略，分析处于采用的早期阶段。Manufacturing CEOs and their teams are most concerned about how quickly new applications and platforms can position their businesses for more growth. Whether a given application or platform is cloud-based often becomes secondary to the speed and time-to-market constraints every manufacturing business faces. The fastest-growing mid-tier manufacturers are putting greater effort and intensity into mastering analytics across every area of their business too. BDO found that Artificial Intelligence (AI) leads all other technologies in planned use.